Friday, August 16, 2013

Off The Charts Daily Dose update

       Many people have asked me about the amount of time it takes to write this blog.  Writing this or anything else is usually the result of having something to say and hoping it is important enough that others may want to listen.  That means time investment is usually less important than the statement being made.  Anyone that creates music, or movies, writes books, publishes research results, or any thing else you may be able to think of feels exactly that way.   In fact feeling as if you are being heard is one of the prime motivators for all people and it's always been that way.  The internet has provided lots of people just like me with our own personal soapbox to stand on and shout until our hearts content.
      I'm sorry I didn't post something yesterday but I have learned that every now and then you have to step off of the soapbox.  Such was the case yesterday.  I am going to continue to post regularly but am looking forward to making some changes.  Tuesday Request Day will continue because it is important to me that you have some say in what happens here.  But also because I find it an interesting challenge and you are making it popular.  I will also continue to try and pick interesting Off The Charts music to write about as well as continue the Saturday Concert and the Sunday Mellow Down.  That is where I started and it is still the main purpose of the blog and it will continue to be.  But I am also going to start adding some new features as we move forward.  
         One of the new features is going to be called Ancient Album Review.  I am going to occasionally write a review of an album that might be from any point in the rock and roll continuum.  The point of this is to see how certain records are standing up to the test of time.  There is simply no way someone can listen to an album that was made for a 1973 world in 2013 without accounting for the passage of time.  I was eleven in 1973 and was unable to fully appreciate Superstition by Stevie Wonder, on the other hand anything from the Partridge Family from 1973 sounds completely different to my 51 year old ears.  I am going to pick albums that were disasters in their day that might have actually been masterpieces, or at least better than we originally thought.  I will also look at albums that were considered master pieces upon their release that might seem much smaller when viewed against a contemporary back drop.  I hope you like it.  
         Mainly I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of the people that are reading this blog, especially to those of you who have taken the time to Email me or have left comments.  I will be back very soon with all new entries and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.
Thanks,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment